Accessibility tools

Customer Care

Due to a current issue with the Customer Care service phone line for please use the alternative number of 01625 661034 if you need to contact someone from the Complaints and Pals team.

Although we try very hard to give you the very best service, unfortunately we may not always get it right and occasionally misunderstandings do occur. If this happens we would like to know.

It is your right to have your complaint investigated and to receive a prompt and full reply from the Chief Executive.

How to voice concerns
It may help to talk to somebody straight away if you are not happy or think that something is wrong. The quickest way to sort things out is to speak to the person in charge of the ward, clinic or service you are using at the time, or contact the Customer Care Service. They will provide a confidential listening service for patients and carers who wish to comment on any aspect of our service.

You may:     

Phone: 01625 661449
Freephone: 0800 1613997              
Textphone: 01625 663723


If you wish to make a written complaint please write to:

The Chief Executive
East Cheshire NHS Trust
Macclesfield District General Hospital
Victoria Road
SK10 3BL

We will acknowledge your formal complaint in writing within three working days. We will then aim to send a full written reply from the Chief Executive within 45 working days. If we cannot do this, we will tell you why.
Raising concerns or making a complaint will not affect your care or treatment at East Cheshire NHS Trust.  We would like to assure you that patients will not be discriminated against as a result of raising any concerns or complaints.

Please note that the Customer Care Service email address should only be used if you are enquiring about an on-going complaint, a PALS concern, if you are making a new complaint or have concerns about your experience at East Cheshire NHS Trust.

This email address should not be used for any other general enquiries. We would kindly request that general enquiry emails are not sent to this email as the team are unable to process these. 

Health Service Ombudsman

If you remain dissatisfied you can refer your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman. This is an independent body to set up to promote improvements in healthcare. If you wish to refer your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman you must do so within twelve months of the event complained about.

You can contact them through their website -, by telephone on 0345 015 4033 or by email:

The trust complies with the NHS complaints procedure which can be found by clicking here.