The Freedom of Information Act gives a general right of access to all types of recorded information held by public authorities. Disclosures are subject to the application of relevant exemptions contained within the Act.
Under the Act, East Cheshire NHS Trust must consider all requests for recorded information it receives and must:
- Inform the applicant whether the information is held
- And supply the requested information subject to the application of relevant exemptions contained within the Act
We remain committed to promoting a culture of openness and accountability to enable you to have a greater understanding of how we carry out our duties, how we make decisions and how we spend public money.
The FOIA is fully retrospective and covers all information held in a recorded format. The deadline for a public authority to respond to requests made under the Act is 20 working days, although there are some circumstances where this may be extended under the terms of the legislation.
The Information Commissioner’s website has further information about FOI, EIR and Data Protection.
Making a request for information
- How to make a FOI request
- How to find out about information held about you
- Find our Freedom of Information Policies here
- Find our Information Life cycle and Records Management Policy here
- Find our Subject Access Policy here
Guide to information
We will routinely publish information about our trust, our spending, our priorities, our decision making, our policies and procedures, information in lists and registers, and about our services offered.
We publish this information in accordance with the NHS model publication scheme issued by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). Information can be found by using the search bar on the top left-hand side of the page.
We value your opinion and welcome your comments on any aspect of our FOI publication scheme or request handling such as:
- Did you find the scheme easy to navigate? What information were you specifically looking for and did you find what you were looking for?
- Are there any particular types of information you would be interested in seeing published on our site?
- If you made a formal FOI/EIR request, is there any way we could improve our service to you?
Feedback can be made to the Freedom of Information Team
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Freedom of Information Team
Macclesfield District General Hospital
Ground Floor, Silk House
Your feedback correspondence will be held in line with our retention policy and will be used only for the purpose of improving our FOI handling service.
If you wish to formally request an internal review of a FOI request response, please note this will be carried out in line with our FOI Policy and Internal Review procedure. The process is outlined in our written response to you.