The Environment Information Regulations 2004 (EIR) provide you with a right of access to environmental information held by East Cheshire NHS Trust and relates to any information that is written, visual, aural, electronic or any other material form on the:
- state of the elements of the environment ie: air, atmosphere, water, soil, land;
- factors such as substances, energy, noise, radiation or waste;
- measures such as policies, legislation, plans, programmes, environmental agreements and activities;
- reports on the implementation of the environmental legislation;
- cost-benefit and other economic analyses and assumptions; and
- state of human health and safety including contamination of the food chain, conditions of human life, cultural sites and built structures.
How to make a request under the Environmental Information Regulations
Similar to freedom of information requests, EIR enquiries and requests are processed by the Information Governance Department.
- You are can make an EIR request in writing or verbally.
- EIR disclosures may also be subject to certain exceptions and like FOI, we will complete requests within 20 working days.
- Previous requests will be published in our disclosure log.
- The complaints procedure follows that of the FOI complaints procedure.
Page last updated: September 2020
Found a problem? Report it and help us to improve our website