The Communications Team deals with all internal and external communication needs, supporting and promoting the Trust through media relations, staff briefings and by keeping the general public fully informed of developments and good news stories. The team deals with regular requests from journalists and aim to work proactively and efficiently with all media.
The team is available Monday to Friday, 8am to 5:30pm. If you have a media enquiry during this time, please contact the team on:
Tel: 01625 661184
For out of hours media enquiries please call the Communications Team on 07825 832 680 or 07823 372738.
All photography and filming requests must be directed to the Trust’s communications team. Details of the request, including dates, specifications and duration must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a request must be submitted.
Anyone who is found to be filming or photographing on one of our sites without the permission of the Trust’s communications team will be asked to leave immediately, and footage and photographs may be confiscated or legal advise sought. All filming requests will be considered on an individual basis.
All film crews and photographers must be accompanied by a member of Trust staff at all times. No patients or staff are to be filmed without consent. Patients are required to fill in a Trust consent form before proceeding with any filming. If a patient is under 16 years of age, the parent or guardian must complete the form. All film crews and photographers must comply with the Trust’s infection, prevention and control procedures.
- Patient confidentiality is of utmost importance and written consent to filming must always be obtained from patients, staff and the Trust. Consent forms must be sent to and agree by the Communications Team prior to filming.
- Authorisation will be given on the understanding that it may be withdrawn at any point if either a patient or member of staff does not consent to filming
- Photography and/or filming must not interfere with the provision of patient services or effective running of the Trust Patient and staff safety is paramount at all times
- The privacy of patients must be respected and their dignity preserved
- Photographers and film crews must vacate the area if reasonably requested to do so by a senior member of staff
- If requested by the Trust, the company must show the final version of the film before broadcasting to ensure content is appropriate and matters of confidentiality are not breached.
- Photos and video footage may be used only for the purpose identified in the application.
- Laminated filming in process notices should be displayed in all areas where cameras are in operation
Photography and filming by patients of staff and other patients
Photography and filming in our hospitals by patients and their friends and families is not allowed without the express permission of the senior nurse in charge. Patients and staff may legitimately refuse to give this permission. This is to protect the privacy of patients and staff.
Use of drones
Filming the hospital by drone is strictly prohibited unless permission has been granted by the trust.
Larger vehicles can be accommodated if sufficient notice is given. Smaller vehicles are able to use the public pay and display car parks within the Trust grounds